Friday, November 2, 2012

The Cute Things Babies Do & Nature vs. Nurture

Since having Iyana, my days are filled with moments of oohs and awes from all the cute things she does. I go crazy trying to catch the things she does on camera so I'll never forget exactly how she looked when she did what she did.

During the weeks following her birth, I can see her personality slowly unfolding and revealing itself. For one, I was sure that she would turn out to be a tomboy. My mother was one and she had me....the ultra girly girl. So I figured the pattern would continue. Now, I'm starting to doubt my hypothesis. Iyana does the cutest, girliest things with her hands. I swear when she does that whine before the cry that it sounds girly. Just her whole persona oozes "I'm a girl."

After seeing her start to grow into her own little person, I'd have to say that nature definitely plays a part in personality. Looking back at myself in pictures, I was a girl girl from the get go too, despite my tomboy mother. So my brief two cents on it: I strongly believe it's nature and nurture that shapes and forms a persons being. (As, I'm sure, most observant people believe it as well.)

So here are some cute photos of my little angel. I know I don't have many, if any, readers just yet but if you are reading this and have a photo of something cute your little one does, please send it to me and I'll add it to this post. After all, who doesn't want to see a bunch of cute babies doing cute things.

Think Fast: How many times did I use the word CUTE in this post?   ;P


So whenever Iyana falls asleep, she does it striking a pose. Notice how expressive she is with her hands? Hee hee :) I've dubbed them all with a title or a caption.


"After a hard day at work."



"The Philosopher"                                                                                                    "The Intelect"
"Oh my! Was that me?"

"Gosh it's boring out here."



If you can think of better captions, by all means let me know in the comments and I'll update them giving you the credit :D










No comments:

Post a Comment