Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Last Midwife Appointment

Note: This was meant to be posted earlier but traveling got in the way!

Today was our last midwife appointment. My little one is 6.5 weeks now (time flies!). The visit went wonderfully. Iyana weighes 10lbs 5oz! Not bad for my veganish milk.

I didn't expect to feel so sad about not going back to the clinic anymore. I said goodbye to the awesome receptionist who remembered my name before I remembered hers. It was the first time leaving the clinic with out an another appointment set for the near future.

As I made my way out the door, I delayed leaving as much as possible. I'll admit that one of the things I look forward to when expecting again will be going to the prenatal visits. I feel connected with the midwives and I can't wait for the day to see them all again. They played a big role in the largest event of my life.

If there is anyone sitting on the line about whether to go with a midwife or not, I'd recommend going with a midwife. My first few prenatal appointments were with a nurse practitioner and they weren't the best experience. You're just another patient they need to process. With my midwife, I felt special. I felt like what I was going through was special. They are passionate about what they do; assisting women in labour and birth.

The clinic I went to was designed to feel comfortable and less clinical. Each room was designed like a small siting room with a comfortable sofa. They have a nice play area for children. The receptionist, as I had mentioned earlier, remembers your name and makes you feel welcome. I must say, none of my visits felt 'medical' in any way. Even when I was going to get my blood drawn or take tests. All in all, it's a more comfortable experience.

My rating for midwives: 5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment