Monday, August 5, 2013

Shame

I need to apologize for my absence. It has been a while and I've gone MIA because of...shame. Remember my optimism about starting a mostly raw diet? Well I failed. MISERABLY. I think I lasted about two days. Although I continued my juicing for longer, I just couldn't keep up with it.

So now I'm here, ready to own up to my failure and to compromise with myself. Do I want to go raw? HELL YES! Do I want to give up the delicious vegan substitutes I have come to love and yummy cooked food? HELL NO! 

So what does this mean?

Well it's not about what I want. It's about what I need. I think about my daughter and how I want her to grow up on the best possible diet. At ten months, she is still breastfed and I do my best to keep her diet natural and organic. Guess what? She starting to reach for the food I PUT IN MY MOUTH. This was my wake-up call. How can I expect her to eat like a hippie when I can't do it myself? I wince even more when she reaches for my husband's Pepsi/Coke (which I don't touch at all anymore btw).

So now, my goal is a much more reasonable and attainable goal. I will slowly work my way towards a raw veganish diet. For now, I will strive to eat how I expect my daughter to grow up eating. 

I'm amending my encouragement to:

If you can go cold turkey; please, please, please, please do. If you can't; strive for it. Slowly work your way to eating raw. 

PescaVegan Mama is back and ready to convert you carnivorians into plant eating fiends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment