Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby Wearing in Long Island

I forgot to mention this from my first road trip with the baby to Long Island. It's a funny story. Well, I found it funny.

While I was visiting, I went to Costco with my in-laws and carried my baby in a wrap. Where I'm from, it's not common, but it's definitely not uncommon. So I didn't think twice about it. I got out of the car, popped my baby into the wrap and made my way to the store.

I was already getting stares in the parking lot. Once I get inside Costco, the stares multiply. There were lots of babies... in strollers.

Here are some of the comments I received:

"That is such a great idea! It's like being inside the belly again."

"Awe, she's like a wrapped up present."

"Is she comfy in there?"

"That is very neat!"

"You're like a kangaroo."

And anyone who didn't have anything nice to say kept it to themselves but didn't hide their looks. I got a lot of "that's weird" looks. Needless to say, I was giggling on the inside the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment