Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Homemade Frappuccino!

Lately I've been addicted to Starbucks. It doesn't help that they're vegan friendly but not pocket friendly. I think I've easily spent more than $30-$50 in one week. I crave their Mocha Frappuccino that I order decaf with soy.

So, after spending loads of change at Starbucks, I set out on  mission to make this drink at home. It's not as good but it sure is enough to kill the crave. So here's how I make it.

***I use the Magic Bullet***

Ingredients:

  • Ice
  • Coffee
  • Milk (rice, soy, etc.)
  • Chocolate syrup
  • Vanilla/Hazelnut syrup

Directions:

Fill the container/cup/pitcher (whatever you would like to call it) with ice. Pour in coffee (decaf is better if you are pregnant) Fill it up half way or a quarter of the way if you want only a light coffee flavour. Add two teaspoons of vanilla or hazelnut syrup and one and a half tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Fill in the rest with milk. Blend until all the ice is pulverized into a slush. 

Tip: Pulsate the blade until you don't hear chunks of ice anymore, then blend. 

Serve with a chocolate drizzle to make it look coffee shop authentic ;) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment